Builders, contractors and remodelers abound at Seattle Home Show 2010, as Northwesterners opt to stay in place and upgrade their current homes rather than moving. Both individual exhibits as well as seminars relating to contracting are available in abundance at this year’s Show.
An example of how homeowners can increase space without remodeling, Modern Shed is showcasing its unique line of backyard sheds for storage and living spaces. Sheds start with a Basic Model, which is then used as the basis of its additional models, each targeted for different functions such as its Studio Shed and Dwelling Shed. Modern Shed is shipped flat to customers, who can either erect it themselves or hire a professional to do it for them.
Shirey Contracting is showcasing examples of its award-winning remodeling work and custom homes. Shirey Contracting uses a creative design/build approach on all its projects, both large and small. The company uses green building practices, earth-friendly building materials and job site recycling in what it calls its Build Smart™ process.
Seminars: There’s still time to get free how-to advice and tips at the Seattle Home Show’s Seminar Series. Among the seminars being presented today and tomorrow are “What You Need To Know About A Home Performance Analysis” by Shirey Contracting (today 4:30 PM); “10 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Contractor” by Classic Construction and the Master Builders Association; and “How to Make Your Remodel A Good Investment” presented by Booth Construction and the Master Builders Association. All seminars are free of charge with paid admission to the Show.
E-tickets and details at SeattleHomeShow.com. Check in tomorrow for updates on our closing day!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
- Mood Upbeat, Crowds Brisk on Final Day of Seattle ...
- Builders, Contractors and Free Advice at Seattle H...
- Roofs, Windows and Glass Blocks: Building Materia...
- Kitchen Cabinets and More at Seattle Home Show 201...
- Energy Saving Ideas at Seattle Home Show 2010 – Pa...
- All the Latest In Home Financing, Insurance at Sea...
- Seattle Home Show Featured on KCPQ 13 TV’s “Mornin...
- Energy Saving Ideas At Seattle Home Show 2010
- Crowds Brisk, Interest High For All That’s New In ...
- What's Hot in the Kitchen at Seattle Home Show 201...
- More Homes Going Up on Idea Street
- Homes Taking Shape on Idea Street
- Seattle Home Show 2010 Set to Open Saturday
- ▼ February (13)