Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Seattle Home Show 2 Set to Open Thursday
Set up is being finalized as Seattle Home Show 2, the fall version of the nation’s oldest and largest consumer home show, prepares to open its doors tomorrow for its annual four day run.
“Green” is the theme of this year’s show, which features the latest in products and services for the home from some of the region’s leading building, design and landscape professionals. Just some of the hot trends at this year’s show include:
- Residential wind power systems
- Whole house energy audits
- Rain gardens for managing water runoff and eliminating pollutants before the water enters local streams, lakes and groundwater
- Remodeling (versus new home construction)
- “Blending,” a new design trend where two different architectural styles are combined in a single home
- Anything “green” (photo from 2008 show)
Seattle Home Show 2 runs October 22 through 25 at Qwest Field Event Center. Show hours are 10 AM to 6 PM on Thursday, 10 AM to 8:30 PM on Friday, and 10 AM to 6 PM on Saturday and Sunday. (Box office closes one hour prior to show closing.) Paid attendees can return a second day for free through “Too much to see, come back for free!”(Parking not included.) Valid I.D. is required. Admission prices are $9.00 for adults, $6.00 for seniors (60+) and $3.00 for juniors (ages 7 - 15), under 7 free. VISA and MasterCard accepted. Tickets can be purchased online at SeattleHomeShow.com, brought to you by BECU. E-Tickets include free parking for the show.
- ► 2018 (43)
- ▼ October (5)